Tour to the Caribean of Costa Rica.
This module fits perfectly to the beginning of a trip through Costa Rica, and connects 3 major goals in Costa Rica
Tortuguero National Park, the rain forest in the Caribbean basin at the National Park "la amistad", and the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean of Costa Rica. The duration of the module is flexible and can be elaborated with us.
The flora and fauna from the National Park are unique in this world. Our guides have the knowledge and the experience to match people's requests.
The ride starts in Santa Ana / San José and you'll go through the Braulio Carillo National Park, a very interesting National Park, which starts almost at the gates of the capital, and pulls up to the Caribbean level. The National Park consists mainly of cloud forests. In the way you will get opportunities to look at it, and receive explanations.
The breakfast takes place in a very friendly restaurant at the Rio Dante, where you have the opportunity to venture a trip to the tropical rain forest, which is already dominant at this altitude. It is now by boat from the ranch. Depending on how many animals you can watch during the trip, it takes around 2 hours until the lodge.
Once there, and after a welcome drink, there is a powerful lunch before the first tour starts. The tours are included or optional depending on the package. There is an enormous variety, we recommend doing at least the following:
- Early guided tour by boat, 6:00 to 8:30 in the Tortuguero National Park, where you can meet an enormous variety of animals and plants. Particularly the bird life is very active at this time and you get to face quite a lot of the more than 300 species of the National Park.
- Hike through the rainforest, about 2 hours, with detailed explanations of tropical rainforest and its inhabitants. This tour is offered twice a day, and it is recommended to do both, one during the day, and the other one in the night. Those are two really different experiences.
- Walk on the muddy paths of the national park, where you will learn what that “mud”means. Knee-deep mud is crossed, and vines, and tropical plants from the lizards position will be seen.
- Visit the Tortuguero: a nice, pleasant place, where the taxis are bicycles with trailers. Directly on the beach with a friendly atmosphere. You can visit the nice museum, or just stroll through the streets, and just enjoy life away from the civilization.
- Kajak tour: after having already won a detailed knowledge of the flora and fauna, then comes a kayak tour, to look up close at things again in peace. Here you will be with a small group going upstream, so you can easily return within three hours to the lodge.
- Turtles spawning: this is only in the spawning season, from July to October, and it provides an unforgettable experience. If you go at night to the beach, you may watch one of the giant tortoises, as it lays its eggs, and digs a nest. The whole thing is strictly monitored by volunteers, so that the turtles are not disturbed during their work. Photographing and white lights are strictly prohibited, dark clothing is recommended.
The lunch on the day of the journey, takes place outside the national park. Then, from there, we take a private ride to Bananito on the Caribbean coast.